Yes, that's right--Grace turned 6 months old yesterday. I can hardly believe it. Where does the time go? At 6 months Grace is so much fun! And always on the move. We fed her "solids" for the first time yesterday. It was really more of a runny oatmeal stuff that tastes horrible (I actually tried it so this is not just an assumption--it's disgusting). Grace was not a huge fan. As you can see from the pictures above. We were dying laughing as we spooned it into her mouth because she kept making the funniest faces. Grace is also crawling up on her knees now. Really? Where did this kid come from? We ordered a "play zone"--really more of a cage to trap her in so that we can leave the room for a minute without wondering what she has gotten into now. She only seems to like it when one of us sits in it with her, which completely defeats the purpose. She had Dad suckered in today and I found them enjoying Sunday football from the confines of the cage. Today is the first time I have ever seen Grace sit up. Mind you it doesn't last long. I am not sure if this is because she cannot balance long or because she would rather be on the move. It took me and my slow camera many attempts to capture this (okay, three) because by the time the camera would snap she would fall over. Faceplants are one of her many talents. Grace carried on quite the conversation with the cat today. If only David or I could understand what she is discussing with Lizzy. I'm sure it's something along the lines of: don't you miss all the attention you used to get before I came along, ha. David and I are so in love with out little girl. We have enjoyed the past 6 months so much and look forward to a lifetime full of time with our sweet, cuddly, loving squealer. Now if we can only figure out how to get time to pass a bit slower. Thanks, Grace, you make our lives so much richer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Half-Birthday Little G! xoxo, Auntie Leah
ReplyDeleteA very very happy half!
ReplyDelete