Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ah.....Vacation

If only I could swim on my own!
First trip to Cheeseburger in Paradise!

Mmmmmmm, Mai Tais


Hard day at the beach!




We just got back last night and I think David and I are in need of a vacation from our vacation! We had a great time in Hawaii. A week of beautiful weather and fun. However, Grace is always on the move and we are exhausted from constantly chasing after her and repositioning her etc. Let's be honest--it was the flight home that I think really killed us! Grace did so well on the flight over that we didn't give the flight home a second thought. Mistake!! Grace got her own seat once again (we lucked out both legs by getting a free seat--thanks Alaska Airlines!). Grace screamed bloody murder for 85% of the flight. Keep in mind this is a long flight. We were so worn out from trying to comfort her, put her to sleep, anything to keep the daggers from our fellow flyers out of our backs! We survived and she was oooing and smiling at everyone as we landed and they quickly forgot what a little terror she had been!

It was a wonderful first family vacation with Grace and we couldn't have done it without Auntie Emily and Uncle Tim. Thanks for all your help with G. Above is a picture of Auntie introducing Grace to her first Mai Tai. I didn't capture the look on camera as she licked the straw. It was priceless and she certainly wasn't born with a taste for rum......maybe some day in the very distant future!!

We can't wait for our next vacation! However, David and I now know that we will be alternating: one vacation with Grace, one vacation with out Grace! Look out Grandmas and Grandpas.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back and your vaca was a success... even if tiring. love G's swimmers.

    ReplyDelete