Sunday, September 13, 2009

Worst Idea Yet!







David, Grace and I attended the first regular season game for the Seahawks today! Yay...... Not so yay! I have been going for 3 years now yet somehow forgot just how loud it can be. We went prepared with earplugs and figured we were golden. Grace dozed off to sleep shortly before the game was starting and we thought YES, just like the Mariner's game. Or not. The opening ceremonies were very loud and Grace freaked out. I took her up to the lounge area to wait it out and go back to our seats once that was over. Again, or not. David and I spent the first quarter of the game going up and down thinking that she would settle in. We tried the ear plugs but her ears were just too small to get them in properly so they didn't do the trick. We felt awful when Grace's little bottom lip would stick out and the sad, pathetic cry would begin--it was clear she was petrified. I think we are the worst parents in the world! We spent 75% of the game in the louge watching the game on the TV. The broadcast was about 20 seconds behind the game so we could always tell when something was about to happen!
Just when we thought we were headed home for happier times it took us a mere 48 minutes to get out of the Qwest parking garage and then another 40 minutes to get home. We live maybe 5 miles from the stadium, on the high end.
Moral of the story: almost 4 month old and loud Seahawks game do not mix!

Sorry Gracie!

No comments:

Post a Comment