Tuesday, September 1, 2009

To roll or not to roll



As I have mentioned before, Grace is now rolling! She started off rolling from her tummy to her back. Now all she wants to do is roll from her back to her tummy. Anytime I lay her down within seconds she has rolled to her tummy. Here's the problem, she has forgotten how to roll back. We don't quite understand it. It's so simple, drop your shoulder and roll back over. Nope, there is no convincing Grace to do this. It must feel like a really far drop off or something that she just can't commit to.

I knew as I posted the 14 hours sleep story that it was going to come back to bite me. Sure enough it has. Since Grace is the squirmiest baby ever she finds it necessary to ROLL in her sleep. Well, most would find it scary to wake up on your face, half asleep and unable to get back. For the last 5 nights I wake around 3:30 to the sound of angry grunts which get increasing louder the longer I take to get out of bed. Grace is in her crib face down and can't roll back. I feel awful for her and it freaks me out. Each day we are practicing tummy time in hopes that she will master the roll back. No such luck yet.

Above is Grace in her new favorite position. That is until she gets tired of sitting like that and the angry grunts begin.




No comments:

Post a Comment